Saturday, August 17, 2013

Packed up and ready to travel!

Well maybe not ready. I have everything packed, though. I decided to go with carry on only so I don't have to worry about my stuff getting lost on the way. Looked at some "pack smart" travel sites and heard about something called a travel envelope. Ever seen one of these? Looks like...well...a giant envelope made out of backpack nylon that closes with Velcro. You fold your stuff, stack it and then seal it tight in the envelope and it saves space and (supposedly) keeps stuff from getting wrinkled.
So this is what it looks like all packed up. In that thing I have 6 tops, a couple pairs of jeans, a hoodie, and a light sweater. Really. And in a standard carry on wheelie case, this is how much space I have left over:
So...yeah....I am now a big fan of the packing envelope.


And fussing about packing and such is taking my mind off the fact that I will be spending something like over twelve (!) hours in an airplane. And I am not a fan of flying. But I did find out fellow simmer Ed, aka ehaught will be on the same flight and I do have some games and goodies loaded on my iPad. Even caved and got a couple of e-books. If you have any tips for surviving a long flight, I would love to hear them. For now, I have to keep reminding myself why I am going


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I build lots for people to use in the Sims. I have created hundreds of lots that have been downloaded by people all over the world. My work has been featured on the official Sims 3 site, several Sims 3 fan sites and in Game Informer magazine.
I am a mom...a gamer...a book worm...a worrywart...a fan of architecture, interior design, and all things Grumpy Cat.